About Me

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Batu karang di gigi

Somehow, one question suddenly popped out in my mind right now.
"What teeth are made of?"
I guess they are made from calcium, similar to the bone and gallstone (batu karang) as well
as sea shell. Very tough and solid material to build one vital part of human body.

Is it the right term to use 'part of human body', very sorry if I am using the wrong terms as I have never had any formal education in anatomy subject.

* * *  ^^^  ***

Anyway, I had my second dental check up in 14 years today. Again, 14 YEARS.
So, it was quite a big life event for me every time I met a dentist since I got my whole set of permanent teeth.
I know, I know that everyone should seek dentist every six months, but I am very concerned about
the fees as you know I have no income to spend bulk of money only for teeth.

Besides, I am not really interested a.k.a SEGAN to ask money again and again from my parent.
But, I would like to thank my mom, A LOT OF THANK YOU for keeping her eye on my teeth.
At one time before Ramadhan , she keeps commenting, nasty comments about how my teeth look.

Because of that, I keep worrying about my teeth's health condition.
Huhu. But, not all the time I could say as I still can consume a lot of sugary food without any issues.

* * * ^ ^ ^ * * *

I hope you have not jump into the conclusion that I am a very bad person at cleaning my teeth.
Ewww, what a mucky person she is.

Nooo, nope, no. I would like to consider myself as 'clumsy at following routine before bed time'.
Should I explain into details? I hope not.
You sure can get what I mean.

Whenever I wanna to sleep, I just go to sleep. As simple as that.
On top of that, living at the hostel (boarding school) even encourage me more not to practice good dental hygiene before sleep as you need to go to the scary toilet at the end of the floor, at the time when people were not that many.

* * * ^ ^ ^ * * *

Begin from there, I never really thought about my teeth's health condition anymore.
By the way, my teeth never make me agony in pain. So, it should be fine.

* * * ^ ^ ^ * * *

I were very lucky enough that my teeth and gum were very tough enough to maintain preserve with the presence of a lot of nasty bacteria and evil plaque for many years.

I am still never knew how did they manage that brutal and horrendous condition in my mouth.

During my secondary school, I were actually feeling the need to meet the dental nurse worked in my previous primary school. I am still remember her very light skin similar to Chinese women, and her house with very high gate, which I barely see the compound of her house.

The memories still fresh in my mind when we need to squat near to the small drain (longkang) to practice the right way of brushing our teeth. The dental clinic room at the third level and the regular meetings with the dental nurse, which might happen almost every month where she made some signs on certain small squares represents each teeth I had at that time in the two pages green card.

The experience when I felt my cheek gradually increase in size (kembang) and very numb when the nurse injected some kind of anesthetic drug in order to remove the perforated milk tooth. Some friends showed their tooth with grey filling or in Malay, tampal gigi. 

I really miss the periodical meetings with the dental nurse after I finished my primary school, but somehow time pass by and I just forgot the importance of regular check up for teeth anymore, even the most correct way how to keep my teeth healthy.

* * ^ ^ ^ * * *

My front teeth were the most affected after years and years of negligence by me.
They changed position as the plaques pushed everything aside as the plaques increased in size and thus, required more spaces.
So, my front teeth got gaps here and there, which is somehow make myself cannot stop feeling the gap with my tongue. It is very huge and uncomfortable to left it like that, as if I can grow something else there on the free space between the teeth.

Maybe roses or petunia. To add colours in my mouth.

I feel quite sorry for my teeth. I am very sorry and I will do my best to take care of you after this.